Sep 3, 2011

GOODBYE HARRY POTTER

The immensity of knowing that Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the last Potter movie was what kept me from writing this blog. I mean, I've known for years that it'll end one day but it doesn't stop me from feeling so sad...


Well, I have to write this one though.. So here it goes... This blog is a sign of acceptance that there'll be no Harry Potter film to anticipate next year and the years to come. -_-

I watched Deathly Hallows Part 2 weeks after the premiere. I endured a lot of spoilers from friends and frenemies alike. One of the perks of reading the book ahead is that their spoiling doesn't change what's in it and I know by heart how the story goes. But the spoilers only made me want to watch it soon. It was a relief when I finally got to watch it.

I started the movie with a poker face but I stick to my plan of watching it alone because I know I'll cry my heart out once I get to the good scenes.

The emotional roller coaster I went through started when the Trio entered Hogwarts. My heart was crushed a million times because of all the deaths. (Goodbye Fred, Remus, Tonks and Professor Snape. -_- ). Of course I did the obligatory crying fit in The Prince's Tale and goosebumps galore in Harry's walk in the Forbidden Forest. The crazy part is when I cried at Voldemort's death. Dude, after all this time I didn't want him to die. That's weird!

By the time the movie is showing the epilogue, I knew my heart needed a boost so I smiled at how adorable the child actors who played as Ron's daughter and Harry's son. After all, ALL WAS WELL.

.....

I'm taking my time here to babble on how I'm having a hard time letting go of the film franchise. I was twelve, a high school freshman misfit, when I discovered this wonder (together with a bunch of misfits like me) and now I'm twenty-two. That's TEN years. I spent my childhood, teenage and young-adult years with Harry Potter. Saying GOODBYE is SUICIDE!

.

..

...

....

.....

......

.......

but I know I need to do it!


.......


GOODBYE to more Harry Potter FILMS! ^_^ Happy graduation as quoted from a friend of mine!

I'm just letting go of the hype brought by waiting for the next film but I'm not saying goodbye to Harry Potter.

The magic of Harry Potter will stay forever in a Potterhead's heart of hearts and I'm one of those who will continue living to tell the tale of the Boy Who Lived.

....and oh! We'll meet Harry and the whole gang again soon.

at POTTERMORE! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment