Dec 21, 2012

[K-Drama Review] Full House Take 2



No matter how much I force my brain to recall all the good stuff that Full House Take 2 had surprisingly pulled out in its whole run, I always came out with one thing only. That one thing is this drama's magnetic force. I'm talking about the bromance between Tae Ik and Kang Hee a.k.a. The TAKE ONE Duo.

Tae Ik and Kang Hee had their own reasons why they entered the complicated life of being an idol. One man chose the idol path as a way to reclaim what is rightfully his and the other man did it to feel that sense of belongingness that illegitimate child rarely feels. Both reasons are valid and it's the key that sets the story into motion.


Take One rose to the top, suffered a heavy blow to their career, brought down by crazy schemes, got divided into two groups and fought hard for their dream. Despite it all, the strong bond of friendship between Tae Ik and Kang Hee was never lost. They bicker a lot, constantly pissing off the other and just acted out like the pain-in-the-ass diva that they were, but we all knew it was only in the surface. Deep inside they cared for each other and after all the hardship, they made their comeback stage together.

Full House Take 2 took me into the behind-the-scene dramas of idol life and it's not that pretty as I pictured it to be. Behind the glamour are petty manipulation, unsatisfied talents, unfulfilled potentials and idols crying "why-the-hell-I-am-doing-this?". Sure, it was all fiction but I can't help thinking that the drama mirrors that of the real situation in my beloved KPOP World.

Who knew?


I was ready to give up writing this post because of the reason I stated above but I really wanted to finish this so I can insert my random fan girl thought about a similar situation in the real world. I'm talking about my Dong Bang Shin Ki oppadeul. Aigoo! It doesn't take a genius to realize that DBSK has suffered the same fate as Take One. or maybe it's just me. Nonetheless, the parallelism moved me to tears, way too much tears actually. At the end of the drama I was left hoping that, like Take One, the five stars of Cassiopeia will stand on the same stage again and shine brighter than ever before.

credits to: dbskrandomness
Maybe in the future. Please?

I know I didn't give Full House Take 2 justice with this lame of a post (I have shortage of neurons these past few days). But believe me when I say that it's definitely worth watching. If not for the superb story, at least spoil your fan girl heart with the pretty and watch No Min Woo and Park Ki Woong unleash their inner diva. It's so much fun to watch!

Cute to kill! *,*




No comments:

Post a Comment