Sep 24, 2013

Drama Expectations 2: Answer Me Future Top Team Heirs


Here I am again to blab about my drama expectations of win. I have decided to make this a series of posts so that I can look back and assess how that excitement paid off at the end. On my first post I talked about how I hope sageuk will be my drama crack this year and it turned out to be a sour taste in my drama watching this year.

Over the last two months I have only watched ONE drama because I'm lazy I don't find the other currently-airing dramas as interesting as Master's Sun. I also got my hands full with variety shows. I'm currently addicted to Dad Where Are We Going, Our Neighborhood's Master of Sports and Variety, Running Man and Grandpas Over Flowers. I love these shows to the bones.










But the ultimate reason I'm low on the drama love right now is that I'm just taking a break and prepariing my body and soul (lol) for October because, as we all know, October will be a bitch. It's that time of the year where drama fans must deal with bigger eye bags and permanent dark circles. Prepare those concealers, mates!

I normally don't get excited over things as mundane as drama premieres but when we talk about dramas that stars my favorite actors, that is another story. So here are the dramas I'm excited about:

Future's Choice



I'm still going to watch a Yoon Eun Hye drama even after three consecutive not-so-good ones... because it's Yoon Eun Hye! Plus, there's Lee Dong Gun that I haven't watch in a long time and of course, Jung Yong Hwa.

Medical Top Team



The title is pretty much self explanatory. I don't dig medical dramas but I'm watching this for Minho. I'll mindlessly go with this drama for the love of puppies. I've done it with To The Beautiful You, I can do it again with Medical Top Team. Oooh, The thing we do for our KPOP idols.

The Heirs


What a pretty ensemble but I'm not excited for Heirs because of the pretty alone. I'm excited because these are familiar faces in Kdramaland. I've loved everyone in their previous drama roles that I feel the need to support them... or maybe it's the power of Kim Woo Bin. HAHA. I don't think I need to explain what this drama is all about. Everyone and their cats know what it is. I just hope this drama will exceed expectations and not just settle for a recycled plot with pretty toppings.

Answer Me 1994


I'm going to watch this head on without hesitation because it came from the team that helmed my favorite drama last year, Answer Me 1997. Second season, even coming from the same PD-Writer tandem, does not always equate to the same level of awesomeness (e.g. Dream High 2) but maybe this one will prove that it can be done. It will! Here's to hoping!

That's it! I didn't even include Secret, Suspicious Housekeeper and Empress Ki because I don't think I have the time or energy to watch that many drama.

I'm crossing my fingers that these dramas will be awesome and worth the wait, if not. well... "IT'S OKAY, BABY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment