Apr 11, 2013

First Impression: Gu Family Book



I know it is still too early to sing praises for Gu Family Book but dang it, I'll sing praises as early as now if it meant that for its whole run the drama will continue to be as awesome as the first two episodes!



The first two episodes were devoted to the back story of Kang Chi's (Lee Seung Gi) parents, Yoon Seo Hwa and Gu Wol Ryung.

How he met her...



How she escaped becoming a gisaeng and Wol Ryung saved her,



How they fell in love,



and how, because of lies and betrayal, a blooming love between a human and a divine creature turned into a tragedy.



As far as back story goes, this does not stray far from a gripping story that had me on the edge of my seat. Frankly, it was so awesome that I hoped I get to see more of Choi Jin Hyuk and Lee Yeon Hee... but then I'd have to wait long for Sung Joon to appear. Ack! T_T



Next week the main cast - Lee Seung Gi, Suzy, Lee Sung Jae, Sung Joon and Lee Yu Bi among others - will take on the wheels of this drama and it'll be back to square one with new characters and new conflict. I have some speculations about Kang Chi's father that he will be back as a demon and lure his son to the dark side. That would be a scene worth waiting! Please drama gods, work your magic here!

As it was narrated at the end of episode 2, "Eventhough the sad love between Gu Wol Ryung and Seo Hwa has ended, another legend was just starting..."

Bring it on!


Baby Kang Chi.

No comments:

Post a Comment