Nov 24, 2012

Officially joined the TMI Movie fandom


Let it be known to all Shadowhunters, Vampires, Warlocks, Lycanthropes and Mundanes alike that I officially joined the fandom of The Mortal Instruments film franchise.

I'm super excited for the City of Bones!


I've read all of Cassandra Clare's books and totally love it. But I am one of those people who were very vocal with my disappointment on the actor selected as JACE Wayland Morgenstern Herondale Lightwood (Jace's family name changes with every book I read in the series. It's totally fun guessing the truth on his parentage!) and shit like linking TMI to the Harry Potter and Twilight Saga franchise. Seriously, can't they be any more obvious by casting Jamie Campbell-Bower?

Well... that was before. My views took a complete 180 degree turn and I'm singing a different tune.


It started with the casting of Robert Sheehan and Jemima West as Simon and Isabelle (my favorite characters in the books). Dude, they are perfect! They're the reason that I became active on Tumblr in the first place.


Followed by the casting of Godfrey Gao as Magnus Bane who previously did a Chinese Drama with the awesome Chen Qiao En. What? I literally did a double take on this one. I didn't think my two worlds will collide like this. This is crazy!



Then I saw the casts' promo video, heard Jamie's British accent and I was a goner. What is with British accents that always changes my opinion on things such as movie castings?

There's no point denying my excitement on this movie. I'm IN, TMI!

The TMI Main Cast
Robert Sheehan as Simon, Jamie Campbell-Bower as Jace, Lily Collins as Clary,
Kevin  Zegers as Alec and Jemina West as Isabelle
I don't share this view with most of my bookworm friends and I am quite sad about it but the saying, "To each his own" pretty much applies here. I'm walking my own path for this fandom and mark my word I'll enjoy every sweet moment of this journey. Anyone out there willing to join me in this fandom, let's be friends on Tumblr and Twitter. ^_^

I'll leave you the first official trailer of City of Bones. Enjoy!



 I don't own the images above. Credits to the owners.



No comments:

Post a Comment