Jun 24, 2014

Drama Expectations 3: The Blasts from the Past Edition

I like counting my chickens before they're hatched... at least when it comes to my dramas. So here I am again with another Drama Expectation of doom!

2014 started out great with You From Another Star and with it alone I can say that 2014 is a good year in dramaland. It really does boil down to that one awesome drama that will have a special place in your heart for the interesting plot and stellar performance from the cast. Then there's Bride of the Century that was quite a surprise but more of that in my year end review. For now I will write about the dramas that I am looking forward to watching because what's a year in dramaland without the dramas that got me at the edge of my seat in anticipation even before it aired.


Fated To Love You

Yes, it's the Korean version of the hit Taiwanese drama with the same title. Fated To Love You was a gem that lured me back to watching T-drama at that time so when I heard that it's going to be remade into a Kdrama my inner crazy fangirl screamed in delight. I hope the chemistry between Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara will be as sizzling as the original because at this point, when I already knew the plot and the end game, it will greatly depend on how much spark they create on-screen! Fingers crossed.

Trot Lovers

I will watch anything with Jung Eun Ji in it and I'm looking forward to watching Ji Hyun Woo in his dramaland comeback after military service. That said, I'm all in for Trot Lovers. I could use a musical inspired drama right now and being a fan of Jung Eun Ji as a singer, I know I'm going to get my fill of awesome music in this one.



The Records of a Night Watchman

Jung Il Woo back in hanbeok and quite possibly with a mane of glory! Need I say more? Okay, I'm going to say more. How many years has it been since Iljimae or The Moon That Embraces The Sun for that matter? I knowwwwww.. it's been that long since I last saw Il Woo in sageuk! I will accept anything just to watch Oppa in sageuk again. What I'm also excited about is the fact that Night Watchman comes from the makers of Sungkyunkwan Scandal. Yes please! The memory of SKKS is still vivid in my mind and I want to watch that kind of drama again. Please let it be awesome!

And oh... Jung Yunho is one of the four lead in Night Watchman that will follow Kim Jaejoong's Triangle. *wink wink*

Joseon Gunman

Lee Jun Ki back in sageuk as well... with a gun. That should be interesting and I got to admit, I love Lee Jun Ki in sageuks so I am most probably going to watch this. And I have a feeling this will give me my next The Princess' Man. Ohh. Good stuff!

It's Okay, It's Love

I'm looking forward to this 'cause of Jo In Sung. Really, it's because of Jo In Sung. I SWEAAAAAARRRR!!! Okay, who am I kidding. I'm excited for Kyungsoo's first drama project. Got to give my noona heart a boost. Story-wise, I'm not quite sure what's the genre of this drama. If it's melodrama I'm okay with it as long as the tears are kept to a minimum but I'll probably ditch it if it went a little too hard to comprehend. It's still vague right now but here's to hoping this drama will be one of a kind.


That's about it. Every time I write a drama expectation post like this, there's a big chance that the dramas I've included in the list will fail to connect with me at the end. So please, drama gods, enough of the curse that surrounds my drama expectation. Just this once. T__T That said, I hope those dramas will be worth the dark circles and eye bags. Fingers crossed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment