May 10, 2013

Wins to celebrate in the 49th Baeksang Arts Awards

By the time I publish this post I'm sure there will be hundreds of articles written about the 49th Baeksang Arts Awards out there. But that's not going to stop me from writing this one. The purpose of this is not to report the winners and whatnot but to celebrate the win of the people and shows that I cared about in Korean Entertainment. This is my blog after all. Here we go!






Best New Director - Jo Sung Hee (A Werewolf Boy)


I love this movie. It's well-written, awesomely portrayed and beautifully directed. Two thumbs up!








Daesang - Yoo Jae Suk

Hooray for 메뚜기! I've known Yoo Jae Suk the longest in varietyland ever since his X-Man days. I also watched him in Come To Play, Family Outing, Happy Together, Infinity Challenge and of course, Running Man. If their is someone who deserves the Daesang more, it's the Nation's MC! Really, the Gods of Variety is playing favorites with this man! The award is well deserved.











Best Variety Program -  Dad, Where Are We Going?

From the first episode early this year up to episode 16 so far, there is never a moment that I didn't enjoy this show. The kids are adorable and the Dads are fun! It's like watching Hello Baby with the real fathers, I love it!









Best New Actress - Jung Eun Ji (Answer Me 1997)

I've written too much about Answer Me 1997 and the awesomeness of Jung Eun Ji here, here, and here to last me a lifetime. I am happiest when I learned that Eun Ji got an award for her role as Sung Shi Won and it's from Baeksang. Wow! You deserve it, girl!















Best Variety Male Performer - Kim Byung Man (Law of the Jungle)

Despite the controversy surrounding the show it's still the leader in ratings and a legion of fans are still around to defend the show. In all fairness Kim Byung Man deserve this award. I've seen him first in Running Man doing stunts and shit that left me amazed so I checked out Law of the Jungle and what he's doing on that show (exaggerated or not) is worth an award. Plus, every time I see this guy in other shows, I can't help laughing out loud at his antics. It's natural.










Popularity Award - Park Yoochun (Missing You)

It's Chunnie's third time to win this award and a reminder that Cassiopeia is a force to be reckoned with. A brilliant actor, a rising star in Kdramaland and a huge fan base, Oppa will go a long way!
















There's a lot of things to be happy about in the 49th Baeksang Arts Award, right? Aside from my favorites winning the categories above there are also the K stars who showed up and made the night even brighter. It's the ultimate fan service!

Hello there, Woobinnie!

No comments:

Post a Comment