Sep 28, 2014

of book series finale

Poet Geoffrey Chaucer once penned the phrase, "All good things must come to an end", in one of his many works and I agree with him wholeheartedly. Nothing in this world lasts forever. There is an end to everything, even the good stuff.

Out of the many things that I considered "good stuff", books are on top of my list. Books are the best stuff that man ever created and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a huge book nerd. 



That said, even knowing that things are eventually going to end, I am saddened by the fact that most of the book series I've been avidly following for the past few years are coming to an end this year. I'm not new to series endings, I've been through many of those, but it's still sad.


I've read all the final books on my list except ONE because I must save the best for last, right? Ha! I'm counting the days until the final book of Rick  Riordan's The Heroes of Olympus series comes out and after that, it'll be goodbye to another beloved series. Au revoir, Greek gods! *sniff*

But the good news is, and I quote this from a proverb, "Every end is a new beginning". We say goodbye to old friends and hello to new ones. I'm very excited for Riordan's new series called Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard. Yes, it's time for the Norse gods! Woot! The other authors who released the final books on their series are also going to release something new next year and I'm excited for those as well.


Before I close this lame excuse of a blog post I'm going to say reading is a continuous process anyway. I'm bound to stumble upon new books to read that will entertain me as much as the others that I've read years. So, really, it's not goodbye after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment